YWTasmania provides young people aged 12-25 years with a unique platform to display their talents and skills, express their views and ideas, raise issues of concern, and to actively participate in events to celebrate being a young Tasmanian. YWT allows young Tasmanians to take the floor on the issues affecting them and to have their voices heard.
Most importantly, YWT events are organised by young people, for young people.
The theme for Youth Week Tasmania (YWT) 2021 is: “We’ve Got This!”
This theme recognises that:
- 2020 was a challenging year and many young people were negatively impacted.
- Young people have shown resilience in adversity during uncertain times.
- Young people have a positive sense of purpose, are engaged and feel connected in their communities.
- Young people are integral to healing their communities.
- Young people have a large impact on Tasmanian communities and are powerful in creating hope and positive change.
- Young people should celebrate their achievements, resilience and hope for their future.
‘We’ve Got This’ is a positive affirmation that young people resonate with. It is a shared message to give hope for our future. Life may not be ‘normal’ right now, but the hardest part has passed. Now is a time for us to heal together and celebrate the strength of young Tasmanians!
Local activities taking place during this celebration include a LEGO Robotics session on 8th May at the Salvation Army centre at 79 Hamilton Rd.
There will also be sessions in Glenora and Westerway. For more information, go to: www.ynot.org.au
The 2021 National Youth Homelessness Conference (NYHC) will be a 2-day virtual event (online) focused on informing the development of a National Strategy to End Youth Homelessness. Speakers will include leading international and Australian experts in housing and homelessness, front line service providers, educators, employers and very importantly – young people sharing their lived experiences. The YNOT webpage also holds information regarding the conference and how to book.